Aims & Objectives :
Literature : To improve the child's reading & writing skills, spellings, vocabulary & pronunciation through interesting and informative lessons.
Language : To train the child to speak and write correctly through a variety of language exercises. Compositions & Comprehensions allow children to give expressions to their creative ability and develop their writing skills.
Poetry : To foster an appreciation & enjoyment of poems about people & environment and tap hidden talent.
Teaching Methods :
Teaching aids :
Students (Role play)
Aims and Objectives :
• To create an awareness of the world around us.
• To develop observation skills.
• To develop an inquiring mind into the happenings around us.
• To gain knowledge about various essential topics.
Most of the methods are activity based . To consolidate the facts learnt resource persons like doctors are invited to give the children an insight into the subject.
Discussion and actual experience are some of the methods adopted. Reference books are used to show pictures,.
Charts are made to enhance learning.
All classes have project work based on topics in GK.
Sometimes the class assemblies are based on topics taught in class.
Children are encouraged to bring more information on the topics taught.
The topics begin with ‘Myself' creating an awareness about oneself, parents, family, neighbours, etc and then finally ending with the environment. Children do a lot of worksheets related to the topics.
The children do not follow a text but topics from Std 1 are graded and continued at a slightly higher level.. Children draw pictures on the various topics and the teachers help the children understand and read new words by naming things on their pictures.
The topics are linked to nature and environment and we aim at creating an awareness in the children.
Eg The topic on ‘The beach" was selected. Children had to collect information on pollution and protection of beaches , marine life . erosion etc Children were taken for a walk on the beach and then given a worksheet to fortify their information.
For Std 4, the teachers have planned topics and the worksheets are made accordingly. Children work on their topics sometimes in the form of projects which are guided by the teachers. These topics kindle creativity and help instill values in children.
A lot of project work is done in all classes based on the topics taught in class. Eg. Earthworms-what are earthworms, where they are found, their body structure, body parts , how they are useful(done by std. 4). Other topics selected were The Beach,(std. 3) Animals and their habitat(std. 1) Say No to Plastic (Paper bags std.2) Leaves, Early Man etc.
Aims and Objectives
1. Conversing in the language.
2. Building vocabulary and spelling it accurately through the use of appropriate matras.
3. Building reading skills and ability to understand the given text.
4. Memorizing and reciting short poems expressively.
5. Writing grammatically correct sentences.
6. Expressing original ideas through simple sentences.
7. Answering simple questions correctly.
8. Organising and sequencing thoughts.
9. Building confidence in the usage of the language.
10. Building values.
Hindi is taught in the Junior Sectionl using the following methods to achieve the aims and objectives.
1. Interactive play-way method.
2. Co-operative Learning.
3. Group activities.
4. Pair Share.
6. Role plays.
Children are kept interested in the topics through critical and creative thinking which helps them to grasp the language through interactive sessions.
The following aids are used to create a motivated mind to achieve the objectives.
4. Colourful Flashcards created through computer downloads and drawings
6. Various Chalkboard Displays
7. Intonations and Expressions by the teacher.
Aims and Objectives :
1. To help the children acquire and consolidate fundamental number concepts and skills which are essential for number work.
2. To develop in them numerical ability to solve day to day problems.
3. To enable the children to participate as partners in the learning process.
4. To make the learning process interesting, easy and stimulating through hands-on activities.
5. To develop the skills of observation through co-operative and individual learning.
Methods of teaching :
1. Playway method
2. Deductive method
3. Inductive method
4. Logical method
5. Hands- on Approach
Teaching Aids :
1. Hands-on material.
2. Geometry Box
3. Clocks, wrappers, bottle caps, fake currency notes.
To improve swiftness, energy, strength, good muscle control over the nervous system, muscle coordination and to increase its functioning. It also increases discipline in normal life.
• Lecture method
• Command method
• Demonstration/Imitation method
• Group practice method
• Black/white boards
• Bulletin boards
• Magnetic boards
• Measuring Tape
• Chalk Powder
• Sports Equipment
• Unit and class level competitions
• Inter school competitions>
• Coaching in different sports event
To create an awareness of our natural surroundings and what happens in factual form science is taught in all classes.
• Audio visuals
• Nature walk
Project Work is done on various topics to enhance their learning skills.
Students from std. 1 to 4 have 2 singing periods every week. The children learn new songs every week. This encourages their musical sense and also rejuvenates them as it is a change. They learn to express themselves in a more musical way.
Aims And Objectives :
1. To introduce young learners to Geography in an easy fun filled manner.
2. To help the learners to develop essential geographical concepts and skills.
3. To make the study of Geography a lively and meaningful experience.
4. To stimulate the child's interest in the rich , cultural and social heritage of our country.
5. To help the child appreciate the various features of the country in which he/she lives.
Maps, charts, blackboard, diagrams
Teaching Methods : Discussions
• Project Work
• Research on information
• Collecting pictures
• Field trips (Goa State Museum)
• Food festivals